Gun violence. Police use-of-force incidents. Attacks on police officers. The changing nature of fire/EMS services. Emergency response. Local government leaders and staff face disruptive challenges like these almost daily.
That’s why ICMA is offering this new, complimentary e-book, Building Resilient Communities During Disruptive Change -- Part 2: Public Safety. The e-book presents innovations and best practices compiled by thought leaders in local government and public safety management. Some of the articles originally appeared in PM magazine. It includes case examples from cities and counties that have met the challenge of change, along with advice from experts on the front lines.
- Lessons learned from deployment of body-worn cameras.
- “Smart policing” approaches for engaging residents, community leaders, and public- and private-sector organizations in collaborative partnerships.
- Ten steps managers can take to address the challenge of gun violence.
- Strategies for balancing community safety with protecting protesters’ right to free speech.
- Managing the continuing evolution of fire and EMS services.
The e-book is designed to bring local government managers and leaders in police, fire, and other public safety services the ideas they need to meet and overcome disruptive challenges and achieve leadership excellence in their organizations.
Download the new e-book today!
This e-book is available to members for free download as a member benefit. Become a member to receive exclusive resources like this.
To assist leaders during times of disruptive change, ICMA has launched icma.org/DisruptiveChange: an area with centralized resources that focus on planning and preparing for disruptive challenges. Here we explore successful strategies to keep residents safe, improve community relations, and build upon or expand your leadership skills.