Discuss how good supervisors can motivate employees to become productive and fulfilled.
This six-session interactive webinar series will demonstrate principles covered in Effective Supervisory Practices (5th Edition). Hosted by experienced managers and local government experts, this program is designed to impart real-life experience, best practices, and sound advice in the areas most important to a manager’s day-to-day role. All sessions are included in the webinar series package and cannot be purchased separately.
Live Webinar Sessions and Dates:
- Session One: The Foundation: Roles of a Supervisor, Supervisory Leadership and Ethics | May 1
- Session Two: The HR Stuff: Ensuring a Safe, Respectful, Harassment-Free Workplace | May 15
- Session Three: Sharpening Your Focus: Strategic Planning, Managing Workflow and Budgeting | May 29
- Session Four: Raising the Bar: Motivating Employees and Customer Service | June 12
- Session Five: The People Part: Hiring and Onboarding, Fostering Accountability, Evaluating Performance | June 26
- Session Six: The Great Communicator: Team Building, Communicating, Leading Change | July 10
Session 4 | Raising the Bar: Motivating Employees and Customer Service
- Michelle Poché Flaherty, deputy city manager, Palo Alto, CA
- Jim Lewis, city manager, Pismo Beach, CA
- Personality types and motivation
- Six steps to promoting creativity and reducing bureaucracy
- Customer service and its impact on public perception of local government
- What do customers expect?
- Establishing standards of service
- How to deal with difficult customers
Effective Supervisory Practices Course Materials
*Materials can take 3 weeks or more to arrive. Please order all course materials as early as possible.*
- Bundle & Save Package | Effective Supervisory Practices Textbook and Effective Supervisory Skill Building Study Guide » View Pricing & Order
- Effective Supervisory Practices Textbook Only » View Pricing & Order
- Skill Building Study Guide Only » View Pricing & Order
These print publications are NOT available online and must be ordered directly from ICMA. To order:
- Email: Orders@icma.org
- Telephone: 1-888-280-2370
Please note that all sales are final (no returns accepted unless the publication has been damaged in shipping)—no returns and no refunds.
Quantity Discounts: Purchases of 100 copies or more of a specific ICMA title are eligible for a 20% discount.
ESP Webinar Series Pricing
Single Log-In: Allows you to view it live or on-demand in one office or conference room as a group. $795 (member) / $1095 (nonmember)
Multiple Staff Log-ins: Allows multiple people in your office to access it live or on-demand on their own devices anywhere, anytime. This option allows for individual quizzing, custom certificate printing, progress tracking and e-mail alerts to you upon module completion
- 10 individual log-ins: $945 (member) / $1295 (nonmember)
- 25 individual log-ins: $1170 (member) / $1595 (nonmember)
- 50 individual log-ins: $1545 (member) / $2095 (nonmember)
- 75 individual log-ins: $1920 (member) / $2595 (nonmember)
- 100 individual log-ins: $2295 (member) / $3095 (nonmember)
- 200 individual log-ins: $3795 (member) / $5095 (nonmember)
- 300 individual log-ins: $5295 (member) / $7095 (nonmember)
Members are encouraged to register staff under their membership number to receive the discount; members do not need to participate themselves in order for their jurisdiction to receive the discounted rate.
- June 12, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 06/13/2019
- Member Price:Not available
- Non-Member:Not available