Back by popular demand, this ICMA University Online Classroom webinar will discuss how to improve your fire department's productivity.
With many fire departments seeing dramatic increases in response to EMS incidents, what questions and discussions should be taking place between local government managers and fire chiefs?
Here are a few: How does your department compare with others whose workloads are about 80 to 85 percent EMS and 5 to 10 percent fire? What differences can a workload and operation analysis make on how you pay for fire and EMS?
Nationally recognized public safety expert, Leonard Matarese, will share new information that will help you address the tough issues that local governments face with regard to fire and EMS services.
During this session, you will discuss:
- Real workloads how to know if staff is allocated correctly
- How to determine the number of firefighters and amount of equipment that is really necessary
- Low firefighter utilization and how to deal with it
- Goal-setting, performance management, and strategies for continuous improvement
- Leonard Matarese, director of research and project development, Center for Public Safety Management
- May 08, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 05/09/2019
- Member Price:$149.00