This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides the resources to make your compensation structure stands up against the private sector.
Local governments often face an uphill battle when trying to attract and retain top-notch talent, as they must compete against both the private and nonprofit sectors to be the employer of choice. Join us to get the tactics your jurisdiction can employ to recruit and maintain a high-caliber staff; and discover and discuss various methods for municipal compensation and planning and review best practices for determining pay rates for individual positions.
During this session you will discuss:
- How to weigh and compare total compensation packages
- Various methods for municipal compensation analysis
- How to address compression issues to improve staff retention
- Salary data analytics utilizing public and private sector databases
- The advantages of also using an internal equity tool (for pay equity purposes such as ranking and classification and grouping similar like positions on a pay and classification plan)
- Carol M. Granfield, ICMA-CM, Principal Consultant, Municipal Resources, Inc.
- Aleksandra (Sandy) Stapczynski, Founder and President, Human Resources Services, Inc. (HRS)
- February 27, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 02/28/2019
- Member Price:$149.00