ICMA Coaching Program Webinar Series
Local governments can play an important role in creating and enhancing inclusive communities. Learn from three leaders who have successfully guided initiatives to make their organizations and communities more inclusive. This session includes insights and practical steps applicable to agencies large and small, across the country. Invite your team to explore what's possible in your community.
What we'll cover:
- How are local governments encouraging inclusive communities?
- What are effective ways to engage diverse segments of the community?
- What innovations are local government applying to be inclusive internally and externally?
Speakers: (Biographies located in Event Materials)
- Bridget Wachtel, Village Manager, Flossmoor, IL
- Preeti Shridhar, Deputy Public Affairs Administrator, Renton, WA
- Maria Hurtado, Assistant City Manager, Hayward, CA
ICMA-CM: This webinar meets Practice 2 (Community Engagement), 3 (Equity and Inclusion), and 8 (Policy Facilitation and Implementation) of ICMA’s Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
Post-webinar discussion questions:
- Where would our community benefit from greater inclusiveness?
- What initiatives would we like to consider to make our agency more responsive?
- What resources can we tap to help us succeed?
Note: please "white list" or "allow sender" for "firstname.lastname@example.org" to receive confirmation email for the webinar. We’ll be using webinar tools (including real-time questions and live polling) to make this a great opportunity for audience interaction.
Visit the ICMA Coaching Program for more coaching and mentoring resources.
- June 12, 2019
- 12:30 pm 02:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 06/12/2019
- Member Price:$0.00