ICMA Coaching Program Webinar Series
Local government professionals frequently need to have difficult conversations with employees, elected officials, and key stakeholders. Learn how you can guide these challenging circumstances toward productive outcomes.
What we'll cover:
- What are difficult conversations with employees, citizens, and others?
- What techniques and skills can you develop to be more effective in such conversations?
- How can you be agile and successful in navigating these challenging circumstances?
Andrea Arnold, city manager, Decatur, Gorgia
Pat Martel, ICMA West Coast Regional Director, former city manager, Daly City, former President ICMA
Bonnie Svrcek, city manager, Lynchburg, Virginia, former President ICMA
ICMA-CM: This webinar meets Practice 13 (Human Resources Management and Workforce Engagement), and 14 (Communication and Information Sharing) of ICMA’s Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
Post-webinar discussion questions:
- Where do we face difficult conversations in our agency and beyond?
- Which of the techniques and skills would be helpful for us to develop and practice applying?
- What’s a game plan to move forward?
Note: please "white list" or "allow sender" for "email@example.com" to receive confirmation email for the webinar. We’ll be using webinar tools (including real-time questions and live polling) to make this a great opportunity for audience interaction.
Visit the ICMA Coaching Program for more coaching and mentoring resources.
- November 14, 2019
- 12:30 pm 02:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 11/14/2019
- Member Price:$0.00