- Job Function: Project Manager
- Salary: $77,453 - $141,566.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov
- Form of Government: County Council-Elected Executive
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jul 23 2019
Deadline: Aug 27 2019
ADA Compliance Manager - Manager III, Grade MIII
Montgomery County, MD Department of General Services
$77,453 - $141,566
The Department of General Services, ADA Compliance Office, is seeking a highly skilled professional who will manage Montgomery County Government's compliance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) including the ADA Standards for Accessible Design and the Maryland Accessibility Code. The successful incumbent will also administer the County's Title II Grievance Policy, responding to and investigating Title II related complaints and formal grievances.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a civil rights law that guarantees equal opportunities for individuals with disabilities in public accommodations and in government programs. The Department of General Services ADA Compliance Program assures that Montgomery County complies with Title II of the ADA by making planned, designed and sustainable buildings/facilities and County programs accessible to all individuals with disabilities and provides compliance services including employee training, technical assistance and complaint resolution.
DUTIES, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties will include but not be limited to:
• Reviewing County programs, policies, activities, services and facilities for ADA compliance and providing technical assistance and training to staff;
• Assisting staff in understanding and responding to requests from the public for the provision of auxiliary aids, services, and reasonable modification of policies and procedures to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in, and benefit from, County programs and services;
• Serving as an ex-officio member of the Commission on People with Disabilities and serves as Contract Administrator for contracts involving effective communication;
• Leading and managing the on-going implementation of the County's Project Civic Access (PCA) Settlement Agreement;
• Working with County departments, independent licensed architects and engineers, County contracted businesses, and other County programs to ensure compliance with the Title II ADA Standards for Accessible Design and the Maryland Accessibility Code;
• Developing timelines and consulting with budget staff to develop project cost estimates;
• Performing as the point of contact for all communication with the Department of Justice (DOJ). In this role, the incumbent will coordinate preparation of the County's required annual report to the DOJ, and will collaborate with County departments and outside agencies to assure compliance with access to programs and facilities;
• Working closely with the Office of the County Attorney (OCA) in addressing complaints, lawsuits and other related matters;
• Overseeing and managing the Capital Improvements Program (CIP) for ADA-related projects, which is closely tied to the DOJ Settlement agreement, ensuring implementation rates and compliance goals are met; and,
• As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in developing and implementing compliance and accommodation programs in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Medical: Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a Medical History Review prior to appointment.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply,
please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
and then Click “Search Jobs" and see the full job description under the “Managerial Executive" Job Category. Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.
The requisition number is IRC38787
This Recruitment closes August 27, 2019.
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position,
which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips
listed under the “How to Apply” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.