- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City, County, Town Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: DOQ
- Population: 8,046
- Website: http://www.cityofmaplewood.com
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
Maplewood, MO, population 8,046, is a municipality with a quality school district within St. Louis County. Maplewood has a walkable downtown and is a family-oriented community that is seeking candidates for its next City Manager. Maplewood is a diverse community, both in terms of residents and businesses, that provides excellent municipal services to both its residents and businesses. Maplewood lies between Interstate 64 and Interstate 44.
- The city manager is appointed by the affirmative vote of a majority of its 7 council members. The city manager shall serve at the pleasure of the city council. The current city manager is retiring in August 2019 after serving the city for more than 35 years. Three council members are up for re-election in April of which two have opposition.
- The city has a $19.2 million budget which includes a $9.3 million general fund budget. Maplewood has 78 fulltime employees that provide the following municipal services: police, public works which includes building, plan and zoning and parks, finance, fire and emergency medical services. The city contracts for civil engineering.
Candidates for the city manager position must be experienced local government leaders with a commitment to excellence in customer service, fiscal discipline and must have a management and leadership style that reflects collaboration, unity and team building. Experience in economic development and redevelopment are very important. Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field. A master’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field is highly valued. Experience can be substituted for degree requirements. Residency in the City of Maplewood is required within 180 days after starting
the position. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications.
Interested candidates must apply electronically by June 28, 2019 with a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references. Send employment information to email@example.com.
The City of Maplewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply: