- Job Function: Assistant/Deputy Department Director
- Salary: DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 840,000
- Website: http://www.ci.charlotte.nc.us
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
The City of Charlotte is recruiting nationally for a Deputy Transportation Director. The Deputy Transportation Director will work with an impressive leadership team and together oversee a talented staff of approximately 424 employees, six divisions with an operating budget of approximately $67 million.
The Deputy Director of Transportation works under direction of the Transportation Director. This position builds and maintains strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to effectively carry out the planning, design and development goals of the transportation department for the City.
The Ideal Candidate
1. Are you an interested individual who has team-building skills and experience managing people, projects, and programs in addition to the individual technical skills required for this Deputy Director of Transportation position?
2. Do you possess the qualities of an intuitive thinker and proactive problem solver?
3. Will you bring the ability to see the broader picture and effectively communicate ideas as well as professionally challenge others’ ideas for the benefit of the City?
4. Can you demonstrate an accomplished and resilient background with a highly collaborative management style, strong emotional intelligence, and strong people skills?
5. Are you an individual who inspires a high level of trust, demonstrate solid ethics and a driver of organizational excellence?
Qualifying Education and Experience
Education: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, urban planning, business, public administration, or a related field. An advanced degree is highly desirable. P.E. or AICP Certification preferred.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of seven years supervisory/managerial experience in transportation engineering or transportation planning.
Candidates should apply by May 31, 2019.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter, comprehensive resume and three professional references via email to email@example.com.