- Job Function: Finance Director
- Salary: $108,971 - $174,345. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 67,000
- Where: 100 NW 1st Aven , Delray Beach, FL
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 11 2019
Deadline: Feb 19 2025
Highly responsible administrative position directing the Finance Department. Position exists to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities relating to accounting, investments, fiscal reporting, debt management, treasury functions including cash management and utility billing. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the Assistant City Manager.
• Develops and implements goals, objectives and policies for the department in compliance with the law using applicable standards.
• Plans, organizes, evaluates and directs departmental policies, programs, financial operations and management controls.
• Analyzes City fiscal policies; interprets data; formulates the recommendations for action by the City Manager and the City Commission.
• Serves as financial advisor to City Commission and City Manager.
• Supervises, directs and manages the operations of the Finance Department including accounting, purchasing, treasury management, pension, and utility billing.
• Advises city officials and staff in fiscal policies affecting tax rates, fee schedules and other sources of revenue to the operating budget.
• Manages the investment of city funds in accordance with applicable laws, standards and practices.
• Directs the preparation of the City’s Long Range Financial Plan.
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or Financial Management. Five (5) years’ experience as a local government Finance Director or Assistant Finance Director. Must be able to be bonded. Prefer CGFP, CPFO or certification as a Public Accountant.