- Job Function: Other Entry to Mid-Level
- Salary: $9,673 - $12,388.
- Position Type: Full Time
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Aug 6 2019
For detailed information regarding requirements_qualifications and to apply online, see the job posting by clicking on the following link:
This position is responsible for leading and administering Valley Water's Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program by overseeing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive D&I strategy. The position leads and oversees D&I programs and efforts that support Valley Water activities to attract, retain and promote a diverse and talented workforce and to promote effective engagement of diverse stakeholder communities in support of Valley Water's mission.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to the D&I Program by instilling passion and enthusiasm of D&I initiatives to the workforce; developing collaborative relationships with internal and external partners; supervising and mentoring assigned D&I staff.
- Drive and implement creative solutions to enhance the existing successful D&I Program to further engage the employee experience.
- Lead and develop the implementation of the multi-year agency-wide D&I strategic Master Plan, including obtaining support from the Board of Directors, CEO, and Executive Management; manage and track the implementation of the D&I Board Audit recommendations.
- Develop and deliver persuasive D&I presentations to all employees, Board of Directors, external community groups, etc.; prepare compelling speeches and talking points for management and the Board of Directors.
- Research industry D&I best practices and recommend solutions to drive greater D&I efforts; conduct a high volume of data analysis and present findings in a concise and easily understandable manner to various audiences.
- Develop, facilitate and support activities of Valley Water's inclusion champions (Employee Resource Groups) including professional development opportunities.
- Lead and oversee the completion of the bi-annual Workforce Satisfaction Survey including development, analysis, and presentations; coordinate all-employee meetings or events; manage the Employee Recognition Program.
- Participate in the annual development of the D&I Program budget; monitor all expenditures to ensure budget compliance throughout the year.
Ideal Candidate's Background and Experience:
- Knowledge and proven expertise on leading practice diversity & inclusion initiatives.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, methods and tools of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, in addition to presentation skills.
- 6+ years of increasingly responsible program management experience in the area of Diversity & Inclusion, with demonstrated experience and proven results in advancing the diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs company wide.
- Administrative and programmatic experience including strategic planning, developing a task force or project team when necessary and experience working within a budget.
- Involvement with large scale change projects that resulted in proven success.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations for all levels (Board of Directors, management, and staff) including Diversity & Inclusion metrics and ROI.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Experience partnering with departments across the organization to help diversify all area of the business and promote inclusion from internal processes to external partners.
- Experience coordinating the company wide surveys and planning employee recognition events is a plus.
Designing, developing and implementing innovative outreach programs using diversity equity and inclusion best practices in support of recruitment goals, succession planning, and leadership development.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Leverage and grow visibility and establish a network across all cultures and the community; act as D&I representative of Valley Water.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, in addition to advanced presentation skills with the ability to influence and build trusting relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ask thought provoking questions, propose creative solutions and bring forth innovative ideas to create the future D&I.
- Understand the contexts, cultures and politics with Valley Water that impact the implementation and management of effective diversity change efforts.
- Perform multiple key assignments in a prompt manner resulting in high quality work.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to manage conflict, persuade and convince, and drive alignment across stakeholders, executives, and peers at all levels.
- Develop and administer assigned program goals, objective and processes.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Use of superb judgment and critical thinking skills.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in cultural studies, ethnic studies, social services, psychology, organizational development, behavioral sciences business, human resources or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration is preferred.
- Juris Doctorate is a plus. Ideal Licenses and Certifications: PHR, SPHR or Diversity certification is a plus.