- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: $115,000. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 2,023
- Where: 7 West Mason Street Franklinton, NC 27525
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 1 2019
To apply, please go to http://www.developmentalassociates.com, and click on the Town Manager – Franklinton link on the left side of the home page. All applications must be submitted online via the Developmental Associates application portal – NOT the Town portal, nor any other external website; it is not sufficient to send only a resume. Resumes and cover letters should be uploaded with the application. Application review begins March 5, 2019. Finalists will participate in onsite interviews and skill assessments on April 4-5, 2019 in Franklinton All inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Franklinton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Developmental Associates, LLC is managing the recruitment and selection process for this position.
Franklinton, NC is seeking an energetic, collaborative, and visionary Town Manager who will wear multiple hats and has skills and knowledge related to commercial economic development, planning and zoning. The Town Manager must have the ability to relate well to community and have the ability to partner with an engaged Board and staff to carry out the strategic priorities of the community.
About the Organization and Position: In addition to the standard administrative departments, the Franklinton Town Manager will oversee a budget of $1.59M and 18 FTE employees working in the departments of Police, Streets, Cemeteries, Zoning and Parks and Recreation. Services contracted out or managed through memorandums of understanding include fire safety, waste collection and utilities of electricity, water, sewer and gas service. The Town Manager reports to the Board of Commissioners and works with five boards or committees: One Franklinton, Planning Board, Parks and Recreation, ABC Board, and the Tree Committee. Skill in developing a collaborative long-range plan for the community while managing rapid residential growth in Franklinton and generating viable commercial economic development are key priorities. Experience in infrastructure evaluation as well as administrative functions of finance, grant management, technology and human resources is highly desired.
Qualifications: To be considered, candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of progressive local government / municipal management experience. An MPA with expertise in planning, finance and administration experience are strongly preferred. The ideal candidates demonstrate experience in effective intergovernmental relations, personal community engagement, leading cohesive change and being adept at understanding and applying technological and strategic solutions to problems.
The Successful Candidate:
• has a collaborative leadership style that inspires, motivates and secures excellence from staff;
• actively seeks and secures partnerships with other local, regional and state agencies;
• is experienced in evaluating, planning, implementing infrastructure projects;
• enjoys and embraces engaging with the community;
• values the critical importance of keeping the community informed in a pro-active manner;
• loves and advocates for the community;
• can delegate but also is a “doer”;
• demonstrates superior time management and organizational skills;
• is a creative thinker in assessing ways to increase revenue and manage expenses;
• is adept at constructively advising and providing guidance to Town Board;
• is strategic and innovative regarding economic development;
• communicates with excellence both verbally and in writing and possesses well-developed interpersonal skills and abilities, and;
• is cool under pressure and able to help groups with different interests find win-win solutions