- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: DOQ/DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 8,191
- Where: 133 W. Main Street, Abingdon, VA 24210
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jan 3 2019
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary history and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin February 4, 2019. Inquiries relating to the Town Manager position may be directed to: Kimball Payne The Berkley Group P.O. Box 181 Bridgewater, Virginia 22812 Email: email@example.com Mobile: (434) 444-3662
The Town of Abingdon is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Town Manager, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the Town government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning or a related field; experience equivalent to a master’s degree may be considered.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of town government operations. Local government experience in Virginia as a manager, deputy or assistant is desirable.
• A record of being an active member of the community, through participation in local service organizations and volunteer activities.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.