Congratulations! By joining ICMA you become an integral part of the international network of local government management professionals who are committed to:
- The mission of creating excellence in local governance
- The highest standards of honesty and integrity in local governance as expressed in the ICMA Code of Ethics
- Professional and personal development
- Supporting advocacy for professional local government management.
If you are paying by credit card, join online now! In most cases, your online membership application will be processed within moments so that you can begin enjoying member benefits immediately.
If you have any problems using the online application, please clear your browser cache using this link. Please contact our Member and Customer Support Team at 800 745 8780 (U.S.), 202 962 3680 (outside the U.S.), or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
If paying by check or purchase order, complete a downloadable membership application and return with dues payment. Mail application and payment to ICMA Membership, PO Box 79403, Baltimore, MD 21279-0403. This P.O. address is a bank lockbox and should be used for dues payment only. Mail other types of correspondence to ICMA at 777 N Capitol Street NE, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20002-4201. Memberships processed through the bank lockbox typically take up to two to three weeks to establish.
Welcome back! If your membership lapsed and you wish to be reinstated please call us at: 800-745-8780 or 202-962-3680 (in Washington DC).
Voluntary Contributions to the ICMA Fund for Professional Management
For your convenience, you may contribute to the ICMA Fund with your membership dues payment. Voluntary contributions support professional management in all forms of local government, encourage the adoption or retention of the council-manager form, and support educational programs about professional management in local government. Donations are deductible as a charitable contribution.
Membership Application and Dues Policies
- Membership will not be established without dues payment in full.
- All payments must be made in U.S. currency.
- Purchase orders are not considered payment. ICMA recognizes that many employers require a signed purchase order to process payment. Send purchase orders to ICMA for signature.
- Membership may not be transferred from one person to another. ICMA is a professional association and ICMA membership belongs to the individual, not the employer.
- ICMA will not provide a dues refund if a member leaves current employment; membership travels with the individual to his or her next position.
Questions? We're here to help. Contact ICMA Member Services at email@example.com or call 202-962-3680.